!Now Available!

Clandestine, the first installment in the Young Adult Paranormal series Bound In Blood is available in both Print and EBook. It can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Create Space















Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Baby's Growing Up

Today my Princess starts her very first day of Junior High. She will have eight classes, a locker, lunch in a cafeteria and will be riding the bus. I can't help the tears as I get ready to send her off.

I know that growing up is a part of life. I get it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I want to keep my girls little bundles of joy forever. I want them to need me and never leave the nest.

She is very excited and scared all rolled into one wild mixed emotion. She got ready way earlier then she needed to and watched out the door for other kids to travel down to the bus stop.

I want such good things for her today. I hope that she loves her classes. I pray that she doesn't have trouble with her locker combination. I wish that she will make several hand fulls of new friends and lasting connections. I antisipate that she will miss recess, but think she won't mind.

I send with her strength, courage, warmth and love. I send with her a little bit of spit-fire tangled with consideration. I send with her the ability to know that a thick skin is required, but not necessary because she will do just fine.

My baby is a tower of strength at times you wouldn't think she'd stand. She is brave even when she is petrified. She's funny in times of great apprehension and she knows the difference between right and wrong.

For the entire second half of summer I anxiously awaited this day and couldn't hardly stand the need to enjoy the silence. Now that the day is here staring me in the face, I'm craving the noise and will miss her all day.

PS... I write later and let you know how it goes when she gets home:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I appreciate it:) Please be sure to click to subscribe to comments to receive an E-mail letting you know when someone new posts on the thread.